FY23 CSC Exploration Phase Agency Grant
Coordinated Specialty Care (CSC) Exploration Phase Awards are intended provide regional, county, or tribal consortiums or other partnership affiliation types with resources necessary to examine, discuss, and identify pathways and goals to effectively implement a Coordinated Specialty Care program with fidelity. To learn more about eligibility requirements, view the Eligibility Review document below.
Grant recipient agencies (and partner agencies) will be provided with consultation and trainings around:
- Implementation science
- State-wide CSC implementation and goals through the Department of Health Services Bureau of Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery
- Site visit and consultation opportunities with a current CSC program
- Access to specific in-person and/or virtual content training opportunities
The Exploration Phase Award activity period will run from the date of award through March 14, 2023.
The first round of application review and assessment will begin September 15, 2022, continuing weekly until all available awards have been granted, or until October 31, 2022 (whichever is first). Updates on the current status of awards will be posted here.
Eligible agencies may include Wisconsin county agencies, agencies from a federally recognized tribe with members in Wisconsin, federally qualified health centers, and nonprofit mental health organizations. Up to six (6) Exploration Phase Awards in the amount of $50,000 are available in this application cycle. Successful awardees will also have the opportunity to request an additional Partner Agency Award in the amount of $15,000 under the Partner Agency Grant provisions listed below. Upon successful completion of an Exploration Phase Award, agencies will be eligible for one of a limited number of available Installation Phase Awards in the amount of $150,000, which will begin rolling out in March of 2023.
Additionally, for-profit agencies may be eligible for the Exploration Phase Awards in the event that they identify a partner agency from the eligible groups above as an additional deliverable to be completed by the end of the awards period.
For-profit agencies can be awarded funding for the Exploration Phase and any subsequent phases. However, to be eligible for funding beyond the final phase of this CSC Grants Program, a public or non-profit private entity must be secured as a fiscal partner.
- Award Selection Process: All applications received by the deadline will be reviewed and scored by the CSC Grants Team according to priority criteria. CITEE and DHS will make the final award decisions. A notice will be published on the CSC Grants Program website when no further grant award funds are available.
- Awards: Successful Exploration Phase Award recipients will receive notice of selection through a funding agreement provided by UW-Whitewater, detailing the award amount, required activities, and invoice process. An agency risk assessment will need to be completed as part of the post-award process, and can be viewed on the website.
- Required Progress Documentation & Deliverables: Exploration Phase Awards are paid in a one-time full-lump sum based on completion of all required progress documentation and deliverables. Specific activities required in order to complete and receive the final grant payment are detailed in the Exploration Phase Deliverables document below. Exploration Phase Award recipients will be expected to remain in communication with DHS and CITEE as they progress through grant deliverable activities.
View more about the program requirements and expectations within the following documents:
- Exploration Phase Deliverables
- Partner Agency Grant Deliverables (addendum to Exploration Phase Grant)
- Sample Application
For technical questions (including creating an account and submitting an application), contact the UW-Whitewater CITEE team at firstname.lastname@example.org